Sunday, January 18, 2009

That's Just Mean!

Really? Isn't that a little mean? Who gets to decide which ones are the ugly ones?

We went to Bloom today to get some snacks. Dumbledork NEEDED sandwich makings so we stopped by the tomato section. I'm not sure if he got the ugly ones or not. It took him 30 flippin' minutes to pick out 2 tomatoes! And that was sadly the best part of the trip!

On Tuesday, he asked me to pick him up some snacks. I had to go out to take Dippy to Cub Scouts anyway. So I went to the store and bought him a bunch of stuff along with some french vanilla ice cream. He was having apple pie so I thought that would be good on it, plus I really really wanted ice cream. It was the WORST ice cream I have ever tasted! So ever since Tuesday night, I have been bugging him about getting some good ice cream in the house.

So we're shopping today and I wanted chips. I like Utz brand sour cream and onion. They're out! If I was looking for salt and vinegar, I would have hit the motherlode! The Lay's brand are too thin and the Ruffles brand are too thick. Utz--PERFECT. I picked up the Ruffles brand and figured I could make do, it's at least the flavor I wanted. Then we go to get soda. Dumbledork has been drinking Pepsi Max lately and I drink Diet Coke. I picked up the last 12 pack of that for him. They are out of 12 packs of Diet Coke. The ONLY flavor they are out of! We left the aisle hoping I had enough left at home to get me through. He went to get his bread and the meat, I went to get my ice cream. In the ENTIRE section, there is NO chocolate marshmallow. There is an entire aisle of ice creams and no chocolate marshmallow. So I figured I would trick the store and buy chocolate ice cream and marshmallow topping. It would probably be better that way as there would be more marshmallow, right? WRONG! No marshmallow topping! I even went back to the aisle where they keep the hot chocolate stuff...nothing. I couldn't even find marshmallow fluff! (Although I really think I had to have just missed that, surely there was some fluff somewhere!) All that was in the ice cream fixings section was sugar free, 0 calorie marshmallow dip. I took a pass on that.

Dumbledork was supposed to go out to see a friend this afternoon, so I was going to have him stop on his way home at another store to fix me up. He didn't go anywhere! BUT--the chocolate ice cream I picked up was really good on it's own, so I survived! I really think the snack gods were working double duty against me today!

5 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

Poor baby! Guess who has Schwan's chocolate marshmellow ice cream in their freezer? Bet you can't guess.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Wow! Way to neener neener someone when they're down!

aunt una said...

I have marshmallow fluff in my cupboard for when I made homemade fudge.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

We HAD marshmallow fluff when the weather first turned cold. It was a HUGE jar. But the kids and i had hot chocolate. And I had a spoon.

ddg's grandma said...

Oh, by the way, I have marshmellow topping in my fridge too.