Sunday, January 18, 2009

For Dingy!

LOOK! It's the 10th anniversary of the Powerpuff Girls! The complete series comes out on February 2nd! Dingy was so excited the other night when she saw the commercial. She came running in my room and was screaming, "COME HERE! COME HERE!!" (Yes, she had me scared for what I was going to find!) Good thing her birthday is the next one. Does anyone else remember her Powerpuff Girl phase? We had the Buttercup outfit. (We have a lovely pic of Dippy dressed up in that. We're saving that til his dates start coming over to the house!) I think she had a Powerpuff Girl birthday cake for at least 2 birthdays. In fact, I think there are still PPG characters hanging on her wall! She has the sheets, the curtains, all kinds of dolls. There is a PPG pillow that has migrated to Goofy's bed. How many animals did we name Buttercup? How many times did she introduce herself as Buttercup? Even her dog, Sara, is really Miss Sara Bellum. And for those of you who missed the whole PPG craze, Miss Sara Bellum is the Mayor's assistant. That's the mayor of Townsville. They live in Townsville. Each episode starts with the narrator saying "The City of Townsville!" (There was also one episode where they went to Citysville. Then it was the Town of Citysville.)
Wow. Just thinking about this brought back a BUNCH of memories of her. She's the only kid we have that will eat broccoli. I wonder......there was one episode of PPG where the evil alien things looked like broccoli. To 'destroy' them, they got all the kids to help them eat the aliens, because "The only way to get rid of broccoli, is to eat it." I wonder if that's why she eats her broccoli. She's saving US. (Very nice of you Dingy, cause we all know I won't be joining in that battle!)
So, I guess I need to start saving my pennies. This DVD set might be considered a NEED not a want!

5 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

I remember her being Buttercup and we even have the plates that she and Haley had to always have to eat off of. I can't remember Haley's name but she was the pink one. Dingy really lived the part.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Pink is Blossom. Blue is Bubbles. It has been years since we watched all this and it is STILL easy to recall! I was also thinking about how many shirts and pairs of shoes and backpacks with PPG we bought!

Tiya said...

I do still have them on my wall and I hace poster with the guy who made it sgined!I knoe I spelled it wrong I only have one hand.

aunt una said...

How spooky is this. Toots was just watching the PPG last night and she wasn't going to bed until they were over. I was just thinking of Dingy when Toots was watching.


I remember the phase. It does bring back a lot of memories.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

There's a marathon on today, too! It was one phase I could actually enjoy, though. I liked watching it, too!