Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dingy Ran Track; I Walked

Dingy DID make the first cut for track! YAY!! Her best friend, Cassie, did too! YAY!! Dippy, Goofy and I walked to the school to pick her up. (OK, Goofy rode in his stroller....Lucky!) I knew there was a hill on the way. I didn't realize their was a MOUNTAIN on the way. Holy crap, that thing is steep! I had to stop to catch my breath and drink some water a couple of times. And crossing Dale Blvd is a treat. (Yes, Dippy, that IS sarcasm.) But we made it. I left way early not knowing how long it might take me to get there. It worked out nicely. Dippy and Goofy were able to run a round a little and have a rest. We pumped up the tires on the stroller. Dingy wasn't even upset with me when she came out. (We were worried she would have a fit at walking home after running for two hours.) She asked if we could take Cassie home, and I told her as long as she didn't mind walking home to get the car first. Dumbledork was already waiting to come get me if he needed to. (In case Dingy threw a fit at walking home.) So I called him to meet us at the corner of Dale Blvd. so we could run Cassie home and still be back in time for dinner and me to shower for my cub scout committee meeting. He came a little further, but that was fine. I still walked at least 2 miles. Sadly, I walked 1.4 miles there, and rested a while, and I was STILL sweatier than the girls who RAN a MILE for warm up, then ran for two hours!

3 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

Congratulations Dingy!!!! We are so proud of you, keep running.

Melanie Welanie said...

Hooray! Hooray!

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

What about ME?? I WALKED----A LOT!
Where's my praise, Grandma?

Melanie, I KNOW yours was meant just for me..not that Dingy kid. :)