Saturday, November 8, 2008

Scouting For Food

We just finished our second weekend of Scouting For Food. Last Saturday, we went out and hung bags on doors asking for a food donation. Today, we went back around to those neighborhoods and picked up the food people had left out. We got off to a very slow start. I was afraid we weren't going to find much left for us. Luckily, there were quite a few people who made donations. I didn't hear our total, but I should get that at the committee meeting on Tuesday. Andy's truck wasn't as full as I thought it should be, but when we got to the drop off place, I found out that there were still bags in two other cars as well.

Here's our group when we were getting started.

And after it was over. (Evan didn't want to get in the picture.)

Some of the boys had left already, but this is most of them....with Evan!


This amused us. All of those boxes except one Deer Park water are alcohol boxes. There was a Boy Scout Troop that was boxing up all of the donations brought in by all of the Packs and Troops in the area. (I am guessing they got these boxes from the ABC store that was right there.)



This is just them unloading the vehicles and weighing the food.






2 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

I heard you wouldn't cook for your hungry children last night and you talk about the way we eat!! I heard that they were at the office 3 times and came back empty handed.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

There's no food in the office. They didn't starve.