Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Beat MelanieWelanie

I won! But what exactly did I win? I think I am the proud (?) winner of a Dork-off! I'm not quite sure how it happened. Darn competitiveness and me always having to win! I don't mind winning Scrabble or Guitar Hero (Not that I beat her at either of those very often), but a Dork-Off??
It all started with everyone having a playlist on their blogs. Dingy and her friend each have one. Her friend's Mom has one. (The Mom's is actually very well thought out and the song playing always matches her day's blog post.) And Melanie has one. Well, I found a picture that I was going to post and when I looked at the picture a certain song popped in my head. Dingy showed me where they got the playlists at and set me up an account. I was talking to Melanie on the phone and mentioned the playlist thing. She started it. That's my only defense at this point. She said she was going to put on hers a certain TV show theme song. Not to be outdone, I said I would use a different TV show's theme. We went back and forth until she conceded and said, "OK, you win." In my quest for a win, I think all reason left me and my mind went a little blank. I think I actually won by saying I was going to use the Days Of Our Lives theme. So, yes, everytime you came to my blog, you would hear, "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives." That's when she handed me the dork title.

I'm thinking for the sake of everyone involved, my blog may stay playlist-less. I'm not sure I am mature enough to have one! However, if she puts on hers everything she said she was going to, you may want to turn your volume off before visiting her blog!

And Melanie.....PLEASE take the dork title back...I don't want it!

(And yes, Mom, I know it is sad that we were arguing using TV shows! I am just living by the words on the mug you gave Dumbledork years ago--'You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.')

7 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

I'm sorry to say that I think you were more mature when you left home than you are now. Dumbledork must have rubbed off on you.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Yeah, let's blame Dumbledork and not my children! Or maybe I just hid my immaturity better then.

Melanie Welanie said...

Ok, I'll take the title back. It was mine to begin with. :)

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

You go it, oh Queen of the Dorks!

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

omg! You Queen of the Dorks, you really DID put the Bones theme song on your blog!!

Melanie Welanie said...

Told you it was mine to begin with.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

You have proven that your Dork title shall never be tested again!