Sunday, March 22, 2009

Road Trip!!!

We went on a road trip today!! YAY!! We LOVE road trips!! OK. The boys and I love road trips. Dingy tolerates them. We saw lots of cool stuff. And Dingy learned that Delaware is NOT in Michigan! (don't ask.)

There's a big ship across the road--look hard.
We even saw a glacier! OK. It wasn't that cold. But this was still cool.
We saw license plates from a LOT of states, too. So it was basically a good day. Not even too much fighting from the backseats, either. But we do have a holy crap moment. The reason for our little trip today was to look at a new family car. We would like the kids to have a little more leg room as they insist on continually growing!! When we first got married, we had this nice little sporty car. Pretty cool, huh? Not much leg room in the back for kids. Although, Dingy did ride back there for a year or so.

And here is my holy crap moment of the day. We bought this today!


How in the world did we go from the nice little sports car to THIS??? This being a grown up thing is for the birds!!
But it is pretty awesome inside! I'll show more picture after we pick it up later this week. I didn't want to be snapping pictures all through it with the guy watching me. We'll also have to lay some bets on how soon we think I will drive it. We're keeping my mini van for my normal little grocery trips and running to the bank and post office and all that. We're planning on using this monster for road trips and when we have extra kids (Sorry, Cassie, I think Rod is taking it this weekend, though, so I won't be able to travel you in it yet--but soon!) I did drive it a little in an empty parking lot. I managed to park between the lines. But I think I would have hit at least 3 cars when I backed out! (Note to self--park where you can pull through to get out!)
Oh, and Grandma, Dingy said NOW, she'll like to visit Grandma. I think there's an insult in there somewhere.




8 comments:

Melanie Welanie said...

Holy crap!!

aunt una said...

I drive a conversion van, it's not a mini van it's not a dodge caravan. Mooooooom, Daaaaaaaaaaad are we there yet? In case you didn't remember WDVE's song "minivan."

Double the Holy Crap. I can't wait to see it. Make sure you come up on my weekend off. I want to sleep in it. is there a table in it? A tv?

ddg's grandma said...

Wow, very impressive, do I get to ride in it?

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

It has a tv and a VCR. the backseat has its own radio. There's a little cooler. It also has fancy cup holders in the front that will keep your drink warm or cold. Storage all over the place. No table in it. But the middle bucket seats spin around. We're not sure if the seat belt can be used that way or not, so the kids may not be able to ride turned around. And the back seat lays down into a bed. If this thing isn't big enouhg for us, then we need to just stay home! And yes, Mommy, I guess you can ride in it. I'll be driving it up for Natasha's wedding. AND--we'll leave it here for you when we go to Mexico and you can DRIVE it if you want!!

Mary said...

Driving in luxury now with the kids!!!! Awesome choice. :) Congrats on the new ride!

aunt una said...

MEXICO!! When are you going to Mexico? You didn't even invite me
:( We aren't even going to Cocoa Beach, this makes two years we didn't go. Our friends backed out. That's okay though. They went last year but we didn't go. Now they have a 6month old and can't go.

Oh well have a great time. Take lots of pics.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Thanks Mary. The kids are so excited. They have both been bugging us about when we're picking it up. They also both got mad at me when I said we were probably going while they were in school!

Una--We're going to Mexico in October. We had to cancel last year on it and the year before that Goofy's burn made us miss our vacation! So we are due for a childfree trip.

ddg's grandma said...

I don't think you guys need to worry about the grown-up thing because there are times when you are not very adult-like (esp. when you are being mean to my grandchildren!) I'm not driving that I just want a ride in it.