Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

I don't have any new pictures to put up here, yet. Sorry. Maybe after this weekend's train show I'll have something. Maybe. So instead of pictures, you're going to get a few random thoughts from me.

Yesterday I was trying to make some sugar cookies for the train show. Trying, because they did not turn out very well, so the family is eating them. (I do have 14 dozen of good cookies to take.)Goofy crawled up to the table while I was rolling and took my roll of waxed paper and started rolling with it. So I set him up with a little board and a little piece of dough of his own. I know--it would have made a cute picture. But do you know how messy my kitchen gets when I'm baking? I don't want THAT posted for all the world to see! Then, every time my oven timer went off, Goofy would yell, "EAT!" I think that comes from Dippy. When he is home and hears the timer, he comes running into the kitchen to see if the food is ready. (Yes, it reminds me a LOT of Killer!)

Speaking of Dippy.....Does anyone remember the TV show Wings? Well, remember the really old guy on there that once rented their plane to go to... somewhere. (I can't remember EVERY detail!) He also hired Antonio as his private driver once. Anyway, this guy asked questions CONSTANTLY! One after the other and sometimes without waiting for an answer to the previous question. That was Dippy this week!! I swear my head almost exploded once! (But then I giggled cause I thought of that old guy.)

Lastly, I think I offended MelanieWelanie last night. I really didn't mean to. And AGAIN...it was Dippy's fault. We were on Melanie's blog and Dippy was asking questions about the pictures. I guess I hadn't told him about LB getting hurt. (and yes, he asked if any of LB's brains leaked out onto the floor! Sorry, LB. Some people, you know?) On her blog, is still the picture from a few weeks ago when the grass was starting to peek through the snow. BUT--I think it snowed again after that. So Dippy saw that and excitedly asked, "They still have snow?!" I really wasn't sure if they did or not. So I wrote on her Facebook wall and said that Dippy wanted to know if they still had snow. She wrote back, "ha ha ha." Both Rod and I thought that meant yes. And when I asked if that was a yes, she called me a name and then signed off. Ooops. There really needs to be a way to put tone of voice into the writing! So I threw some M&M's at her cause who can stay mad when it's raining M&M's?

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting after this weekend.

2 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

I talked to Dippy for over half and hour last night and that was after he had already talked to Grandpa. When it was time for my 9 o'clock program I had to tell him I'd call him the next evening to get him to say good-bye and he still had to tell me several things before I was allowed to hang up. He was bored and needed someone to talk to. We enjoyed him.

Melanie Welanie said...

You know you can't get rid of me that easily.

:)