Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Safety Patrol Badge

Dippy got his safety patrol badge yesterday!! He earned it last week, but just got it yesterday....after stalking the guidance counselor all day!! (I told him to just sit in the man's office until he handed it over! He said he went in the morning and he wasn't there and he went back in the afternoon and he wasn't there, then he found him outside waiting on Dippy with his badge.)
He had to memorize the pledge to earn it. It doesn't sound like a huge deal to learn the pledge, but ....at the same time he was learning that pledge, he was also having to learn the Boy Scout Oath and Promise, too. I don't know how he managed to keep it all separate. I was getting confused helping him practice them all!


3 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

Congratulations Dippy!!! So, you didn't get fired?

ddg's grandma said...

I finally got to see the video about lines! Your Dad is so that guy that has to read McDonald's menu. He drives me crazy when we order because I ask him if he knows what he wants before we get up to the counter and he says he does then we get up there, I give them my order and he stands there and can't decide what he wants. That's when I want to hit him!!!! GET OUT OF THE LINE!

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

I thought of Dad when he covered his eyes and offered to read the menu! But we always know what we're ordering before we're out of the car! And you gotta agree with the--"if you have to ask how small the small is, you're not hungry enough. come back later."