Saturday, August 2, 2008

He's Home!!!

Dippy's home. In one piece. And he had fun. It sounds like it was another successful Goshen year. I thought I was going to have a good 'after' picture, but everyone came back very energetic. Although the boys in at least one car did sleep the majority of the way home. I'm waiting to see if Dippy takes a nap or just goes to bed early tonight. And YES....he earned his Aquanaut Badge!! (Congratulations, Dippy! You're almost to the Heavy Shoulder Award!) He was grouped as a swimmer this year! I think that made it worth him staying home this summer to take an extra set of swimming lessons instead of going to Grandma's for a week.

This is all the dirty laundry I got. He was gone for an entire week. I packed 6 full changes of clothes. This doesn't look like 6 full changes of dirty laundry. I can't wait to open the bag, too. It looks wet and smelly! I found my hiking boots (yes, he wears my boots to camp, and if he keeps growing at this rate, next year he'll wear Rod's!) in a plastic ziplock, soaking wet. I pulled them out to lay in the sun and inside each boot was a balled up, wet, stinky sock! Thanks Dippy! (And I think you can keep the boots...I'll get myself a new pair!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom can you please tell dippy to talk very softly because his voice makes my eyes water and hurts my ears

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

HA HA...You are so mean. I have tried to get home to stop talking (since he was 3!)He has a lot to tell us and he doesn't have a whisper mode. It hurts my ears, too. For anyone that hasn't heard him, he lost his voice at camp by yelling their cheers and singing. Appparently, boy scout singing is at the top of their lungs!