Monday, August 4, 2008

Dippy's Trying to Kill Me!

Last night, after supper, I went outside and it was very nice. Not too hot and a nice little breeze was blowing. I went inside and got the kids and the dog and we all went for a little walk. I was ready to turn around and Dippy wanted to go just a little further. So we did. I finally got him to turn around by reminding him we had cake to eat when we got home. Tonight, I wanted to go for another walk after supper. We had a late supper, so we didn't have a lot of daylight left, but enough...or so I thought. We have a circle we can make that is just about one mile. When we were to turn down the one street, Dippy wanted to go to the end of the road! I asked if we had to and he said yes. So we ended up walking for at least an hour and ran out of daylight! I'm driving it tomorrow just to see how far he made me walk. I'm guessing it was 5 kathousand miles! He asked if we could walk again tomorrow night and I told him not if he was going to keep making me go that far. He said we could go shorter tomorrow night since we went so far today, but I don't believe him! And my little Dingy who wants to try out for track in the fall wouldn't even go with us tonight! It was just me and Dippy and Goofy. No Dingy and no dog. (Maybe they were really the smart ones!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think of all the calories you walked off. Was Dippy even tired when you were done?

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

NO! Dippy could probably have done the whole thing again! (They did a lot of hiking last week.)

Anonymous said...

Did Dippy make you too tired to post stuff on your blog? Just wondering.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

No. My ankles do still hurt, but I wasn't wearing my good sneakers that night, and it wants to rain, so I won't blame that all on him. We've just been very boring people lately.