Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rod Fell in Love

Rod fell in love Sunday night. With a GROCERY STORE!!! Yep. I didn't think I would ever get him out of there! We went to the store to eat dinner. Yes. To EAT dinner. Not to take stuff home to cook. To actually eat there. Let me explain.

At the end of March, Nadine and I had a Relay for Life team captain's meeting. (side note: not too late to donate to our team! see the link at the side) This meeting was being held at Wegman's. A grocery store. I thought this was strange cause I hadn't been all through the place yet thanks to a grouchy Goofy! So Nadine and I went to our meeting and because we were late, we ate dinner after the meeting. The meeting was in the dining room upstairs. We went to the main level and there was a Chinese buffet. Not really my thing, so I told Nadine I was going to keep looking. I walked a little further and found a pizza counter. Well, that's good, but what happens if I keep walking? I found a sandwich counter! They have EVERYTHING! So I bought a turkey sub and only ate half of it. I took the other half home for Rod and he has been thinking about it ever since! And that is how we wound up at a grocery store for supper!



Well, we were too late on Sunday. They had closed all their little restaurants. We walked around and found a sushi stand, too. Rod was drooling throughout our ENTIRE walk! There were rows and rows of cheeses. There was steaks upon steaks for grilling. Rod looked like a dang tourist in a foreign country! (it's just food, honey.) Of course, we had to go through the store even though the part we came for was closed. Rod just kept saying over and over, they have everything here!

They have a train running over head.


And LOOK! They truly do have everything! My marshmallow sundae topping! Although, I did finally find this at Safeway, too.
Dingy was taking pictures for me. I'm not allowed to use the picture of the wines and champagnes that she took. (another side note: she takes pics off of my blog, and Melanie's, and Mrs. B's, but I'm not allowed to use the picture that SHE took) Rod was also all impressed with the fancy beer selection. So much so, that he even called his Dad from inside the store to tell HIM about it! And he was walking around saying, "I've got to bring Danny here!" "Wonder if Danny has ever been here?"

1 comment:

Mary said...

Keith and I LOVE Wegmans!!! We go there for a date night WEEKLY. :) You are not crazy..... the place is spectacular!!!!