Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Children's Hike

The kids picked out the last hike we did on Sunday. The book said it went over rocks and that you would need to use your hands and knees through places. It also said that children would love it. Which mine did...but there's another point I want to make!
Here's the one rock form thingy we had to climb.





Goofy was getting tired but he was doing a great job.


Here's where that took us. Do you see how far we could fall?

To me, that isn't completely safe for children! Heck, that wasn't safe for ME! I was a little upset that the book said children will love it. I think it should have told me how steep it was going to be.
But I think I want to try it again next time!

3 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

Did you actually climb that too or just took pictures?

aunt una said...

OMG, I would of had a fit. I would of been afraid for Toots to fall off. Was Goofy scared at all? I can see the other kids weren't.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

I climbed everywhere the munchkins climbed. See now why I hurt the next day? :)

We were all holding on tight to Goofy! Dingy and Dippy were mad when we told them we had to turn back. The trail kept going over rocks just like that. Plus, we had already gone a good ways and it was getting let adnwe we re worried about running out of daylight before making it back to the car.