Friday, September 9, 2011

Flooding Update

Just in case anyone is seeing or hearing about the flooding on the news, I thought I would give an early morning update from this house. We are all still here and fine. Our backyard looks slightly better (from the back door--I haven't ventured outside to the very back where it had been pooling last night). However, it is STILL RAINING!!! Schools were cancelled today. Late last night, they evacuated two mobile home parks-BY BOAT! This was only a couple of hours after we had gotten back home. An apartment complex was evacuated due to a threat to the retaining wall. The last report I found was at 2am and it said that part of that wall did give way. Since it's still raining, I'm not sure if that will become a bigger situation or not. By the time I went to bed last night, the news was saying that basically route 1 was shut down. (That's the road we were on with the 7-11 and Wawa.) This morning's report said that the creek or river (forget which one) crested and had put around 15 feet of water over parts of the road.

That's sort of all I know right now. I don't know if we'll go out travelling around again today or not. We were supposed to have Goofy's preschool orientation today. Don't think that will happen. At least it's a school we have been to before and I did take him to the sneak peek day so he has seen his classroom and I know the parent rules.

I'll keep everyone posted if anything else exciting happens around here. Let's see, in the last couple of weeks, we have had an earthquake, a hurricane, and now a flood. What's coming next?

No comments: