Thursday, July 19, 2012

Two Of The Idiots I Live With..........

Yesterday, I had two 'interesting' conversations with two members of this family.  First, Rod comes in right after lunch, during Widget's naptime.  Which, by the way, is ALWAYS right after lunch!  The conversation went something like this:

Rod:  If an angry huband knocks on the door, I didn't do it.  Well, I didn't mean to do it.
Me:  Good Lord, Rod, What'd you do now?? 
Rod: Well, I was driving down our street, and I saw your van coming toward me, so I hung out the window waving and making faces at you.
Me:  But, I didn't leave.  I'm right here.
Rod:  Yeah. I know that NOW!  I couldn't see the driver because of the sun and the van had the same hubcaps.
Me:  But it's naptime, I never leave at this time of day.
Rod:  Well, I don't know when naptime is!  The lady looked at me really weird. 

I can't imagine why!!!! 

Then, while I was making dinner, Goofy came in to talk to me.

Goofy:  What are we doing Tuesday?
Me:  (Knowing that Goofy knows the days of the week, but also knowing that he has no clue what day today is, let alone when Tuesday will roll around.) Probably a whole lot of nothing.  Why?
Goofy: Because.  I just need to know what we're doing on Tuesday.
Me:  Probably nothing.  Is there something you need to do?  (I thought maybe one of his TV channels previewed a movie or something for Tuesday.)
Goofy:  Well, I think I need to play my XBox.  And I might need Dad to help me with it. 
Me:  OK
Goofy:  When IS Tuesday??

That was the moment I gave up all hope that HE will be our gifted child!  He sounded EXACTLY like his Dad!!!  :)

No comments: