Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Rod Story

Today we went to the dr. to have another sonogram.  (I'm trying to scan some of the pics from that, but I'm having problems with my scanner)  So, we do the sonogram, and the technician leaves the room to go get the doctor.  You know how when you're in the hospital, the nurses come around with that blue cart thingy that takes your blood pressure, pulse and temperature?  Well, there's one of those sitting between the chair thingy I'm in and the chair that Rod's sitting in.  When the tech left the room, I look over at Rod, and he's sitting there with his finger IN the pulse taking thingy!!  The machine is actually working cause the numbers are changing.  Then, he takes his finger out and causes the mchine's alarm to go off!!!  His eyes got huge and he's just sitting there, like, it wasn't me.  After a little while, he found a cancel button and turned it off.  Then, the technician came back and had to put some more of my info in her little machine thing, and then she left again.  Whatever she did, she made her machine beep a few times.  Rod started staring at the blue machine again.  I told him the beeping was coming from the sonogram machine that time.  His response?  "Good.  I thought I was going to have to make a run for it!"  I just looked at him and asked, "You'd just leave me here?"  He said, "I'm not proud of it.  But yes, I would!"  Then I asked him, "So, if we were in the woods and a bear attacked?"  He relplied, "It was nice knowing you."  I asked him if he would really let a bear eat his unborn baby and he said, "I'd say Shoo Bear.  And if that didn't work, then I'd say, well, I've done all I can do." 

No comments: