Monday, January 16, 2012

My Strange, Strange Teenagers

I think there may be no hope for the future.  My older kids are soooooooo weird!!!  Rod asked me to pick up croissants for him when I went to the store.  So I did.  Dippy asked for bagels.  I got those, too.  All weekend, Dippy has been asking, "What can you put on a croissant?"  I have tried telling him.....MANY, MANY, MANY times....anything you put on a sandwich, you can put on a croissant.  Yet he goes on and on with specific foods, and can you put that on it?  What happens if you put.......(fill in the blank)....on it.  YOU GET A SANDWICH!!!!  THAT'S WHAT!!!!  THEN....he starts asking about bagels.  Can you put peanut butter and jelly on it?  Can you put sandwich meat on it?  Can you....? Can you...?  YES!!!!  If it's edible PUT IT ON!!!!  Really, I may have to just buy plain old bread from now on.  So, then this morning, Dingy gets up at the crack of 10:30!!!  She looks at the bagels and asks, "Can I put sandwich meat on a bagel?"  OH MY GOSH!!!!! 
Dingy comes in the kitchen, stands beside the highchair where Widget is, and starts asking, "Where's the baby?  Where's the baby?"  I looked at her like she was nuts.  (A normal look in this house.)  She's like, "What?  He's wearing camo.  You can't see him."  Ten minutes later, Dippy comes in the room, looks at Widget, and starts talking about the floating baby head and floating hands!!!!! 

1 comment:

ddg's grandma said...

Enjoy them while you have them, they grow up and move away!!!!