Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Trip Home

I tried to get pictures of the leaf debris on the road, but they didn't come out. Rod and I were watching for trees and branches on the road. The kids didn't seem to notice the storm!




We stopped for gas somewhere in North Carolina. This was actually our third stop for gas. The first exit we tried didn't have power. Then the first gas station off this exit was close, too. Luckily, this place was open.


This is the parking lot that I was running across. I opened the back of the van and one of Dippy's sock got blown out. I chased it, and everytime I got close to grabbing it, the wind took it further!! I did seriously have the thought, I could let this go and go buy a new pack of socks!! However, I ignored Mother Natutre's laughter and managed to grab the sock. Still not really sure it was worth it.



We got to PA in time to enjoy a beautiful sunset.



No comments: