Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vex Competition

Yesterday was this year's first Vex competition for Dippy.


Waiting for inspection.

Poor robot's arm fell off. Dippy asked me if I saw it and I said no. Then we went through the photos and I actually had a couple pictures of it! Guess I just snap pictures without paying attention. :) Although, in my defense, I was sitting in the very top row of the bleachers and using my massive zoom lens. I love my massive zoom lens.

Holding the broken arm. :(
This team of girls angered me. The two boys are from our school, and the girls were paired with them for this match. The girls never touched their controllers. I am not sure, but they were playing against another team from their school, and I think there was planning going on to make sure the one team finished first, so this team had to lose. They could have at least pretended to try!!

Dippy texting his Mommy. :) He sent me a picture of his robot while they were standing there waiting for their match.



He got a hold of the ring, but couldn't get it on the pole.


Dippy said he thought this guy looked like a guy from NCIS. I think that's the show he said. We only watch it when we go to Grandma's house and are forced to.


Tweak. Tweak.