Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another First Day!

They're off to another first day of school. Dingy's last first day of middle school and Dippy's first first day of middle school! I hope the day improves as it goes for them. I didn't sleep in (like another mother we all know!) but we woke up to a rainy day. Either Mother Nature is sad that none of the kids are going to be outside playing today, or it's tears of joy from all the mothers who have been waiting for their quiet houses to return! Either way, not a nice sunny morning to be standing at a bus stop.
The kids' bus is supposed to come at 7:46. Being the first day of school, I told them to be out there at least 10 minutes early just to be safe. So the kids went at 7:35 (they weren't the first ones there). At 7:55, they're still there. I kept checking on them out the window (Ha ha Dingy--didn't know I did that, did you?) Then at shortly after 8, the kids came back and said the bus wasn't coming and they needed a ride to school. Someone at the bus stop called the school and their bus had already arrived! I told Dingy to grab anyone that needed a ride (there are a lot of working parents around here) and I'd take them all down. I took one extra kid down, who was in Dippy's class last year, so a starting 6th grader, too. He had started to walk to school. I think it is about 3 miles and you have to cross Dale Blvd., a 4 lane road with constantly speeding cars! So hopefully their bus not showing up is the worst of their day, because that was fixed quite easily.

This is the shirt that Dippy picked out for his first day of school. He said it fit for the day! I think it fits for my life! I need that tattooed on my forehead!
I even sneaked a picture of them at the bus stop.

LOOK!! She smiles!!!

2 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

We'll remember this picture at the end of the year when Dingy is grumpy looking, right?

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Maybe not. She'll be done with middle school and moving on to high school. That might make her happy enough to smile again at the end of the year!