Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Beach Fire

The owners of the house we rented told us we could build a fire on the beach if we wanted. We wanted. :)


We planned on doing this the last night Cassie and Adam were there, but the rain ruined that idea! I think I am glad, though. Our plan had been to cook hot dogs over the fire for dinner. The fire was really, really hot. Like, Really hot! I don't think we would have been able to comfortably cook a dog. When we did make the fire, it was after dinner and we were making Smores. Or trying to. Did I mention the fire was really, really hot?



We even did a little night time swimming. (more them two, then we.)


Do you know what my brilliant Dingy asked? Standing by the fire in the picture below, she asked, "Can we get a sunburn this way?" Ummmm...No. But the moon is rising, so go grab your moon tan lotion!

3 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

You are so mean to her! Give her a break.

aunt una said...

I don't know if you know this or not but fires are usually hot. Especially if you build them bon fire mode. Just thought you might want to know that.

Moon lotion, love it.

Tiya said...

Thank you Grandma!!!!