Sunday, April 14, 2013

Random Pics

Well, I was going to make a big ol' post for our 20th anniversary....that was LAST month!  Apparently, I didn't get it all together and now I feel it is too late.  I'll blame my computer crashing for it.  Not my laziness.  But I did have a couple of pictures already scanned in that were going to go into that post.  I have nothing much new to share this weekend, so maybe you'll enjoy these.  They're both old, but one is a "never before seen".  Excited yet?  :)
 
 
So, in the post I HAD been working on, I was trying to highlight some of the more major happenings in the last 20 years.  I think we all can remember Goofy's burn and week long stay at Children's Hospital pretty clearly.  Except him.  Which might be a good thing.  I remember the nurse that took us from the ER to a room that day telling me, "You'll never forget this and he'll never remember this."  I can't remember what I did last week, but I remember so many details of that week.  Goofy didn't even know what the scar on his hand was from.  His preschool teacher asked me about it.  She said she asked Goofy and he told her "Lukey did it."  After that, we did tell him what exactly had happened.
 
Anyway, his burn happened in December, and every December (I think) the First Lady makes a trip to the Children's Hospital to visit.  Our room was one of the rooms picked for a picture with the First Lady.  At the time, it was Laura Bush.  Rod had been spending nights up there with Goofy, and I would get Dingy and Dippy off to school and then go up to spend the day with Goofy and let Rod go to work.  That week, both Dingy and Dippy got the flu.  During the night before this picture was taken, Rod started getting the flu, too, so he doesn't look as good as he generally does in pictures. 


This picture isn't a "never before seen".   If Dingy didn't have long hair, I could almost pass this off as a picture of Widget and Marvel.  I think I may have to scan some old photos and put in some new ones and play, "Guess the Kid"!

1 comment:

ddg's grandma said...

You really can see it in this picture! Poor Goofy, the only unique one.