Monday, October 19, 2009

The fish!!

We made it back from our trip. I don't think I am ever going to get caught up on everything, though! We've been back for more than a day and I have only made it to the computer for about 20 minutes so far! That was long enough for me to find my new dog, but that's a story for later. :) There are so many posts and pictures I need to do, but I have to start with Rod's. We told his Dad we'd have the pictures up by Sunday night and now it's Monday afternoon and he hasn't seen the highlight of Rod's trip.

So here's Rod's highlight of his year. He got to go fishing in Cabo, and he caught a little fish. They caught three Dorados (known to me as Mahi Mahi...YUM) And then this little thing. It weighed 170 pounds and was 109 inches long. Now Rod can tell you this without having to ask anyone it's size. However, next time you talk to him, ask him how much his kids weighed when they were born!

This is how they get it from the boat to the weigh station. They lassoed it and drug it up the ramp.

Still going up.

Almost up.
And here it is hanging for pictures. (isn't it cute that Rod and Danny wore matching T-shirts?)


Keep watching the blog. The highlight of my trip is still to come along with many other litle stories and pictures!

2 comments:

aunt una said...

Wow Dad maybe drooling about now.

I am soooo glad you guys had a wonderful time.

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Yeah, Rod called your Dad pretty much as soon as we got back to the resort that night!