Saturday, June 15, 2013

Purple Strides 5K

This morning was the Purple Strides 5K.  It is a fundraiser for pancreatic cancer.
 
We were actually early for once!!  We were meeting the rest of the team around 7:45 and we were up and out early. 

 That big purple balloon arch is the STARTING line!  We were trying to make our way there.
 Rod waited to tie his shoes until AFTER we had started. 

 Widget wanted to run.  That's Rod running with him even though you can't see Widget in the picture.
 Goofy decided he would run, too, so Danny ran with him.
 Goofy and Danny running.
 A hot, tired, sweaty Goofy.

 I wanted a picture with the finish sign, but so did a thousand other participants.  So we settled for the balloon arch.

 I have no clue why Marvel is sitting like that. I do think he was getting tired of sitting by then. 

 Goofy and Alexa racing.....AFTER they completed the 5K!!  I barely had the energy to stay standing, let alone run some races!!

And then.....we decided to walk to Chinatown for some lunch.  By noon, my pedometer said I walked 6.4 miles!! 
 

No comments: