Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunday at the Park

I FINALLY got to go to the park near the airport!!! I had heard about this place before but never knew that much about it. Something came up in the last week or so that gave me what I needed to search for it, and I found it!!! Gravelly Point Park is the BEST!! It is right beside Reagan National airport. There's no playground or anything, just a big open field and the biking/hiking path right there. (Plus, FREE boat launch...Rod's highlight find of the day!) But the airplanes come in for a landing right over your heads! You can watch them taking off, but you're watching from the start of their taxi, and then they fly off in the opposite direction.

Goofy told me the plane almost hit him in the head with its wheels.
We did play ball, too.

Rod had taken an umbrella for shade. Widget didn't need it. He found enough shade in Rod's shadow. Yes. Widget IS in this picture. :)




He sort of blends into the field.


Nice background for a picture, huh? i was going to have the kids' pictures done professionally this year, but I like this place for scenery.


Look, Dingy doesn't want the Washington Monument to get wet. :)



Look out Dingy, there's a plane behind you!!!!!!




The wind was taking Widget away. (Not really. Rod thought he was being clever. )


Weird bicycle. I know it's random, but we saw it and thought I would share it.


I have no clue what is up with Goofy's face! We kept posing the kids when planes would come in, and Dingy photobombed and Goofy was....well....goofy!


She kept trying to make it look like she was holding the plane. She kept missing. Badly.




1 comment:

ddg's grandma said...

Good pictures!! Thank you.