Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch/Corn Maze

We took the kids to a pumpkin patch and corn maze today. Rod told me to just pick one. I found one near Winchester that had a corn maze and was pretty cheap. It didn't have a lot of extras, but Goofy is going to one with his preschool next week anyway, so I wanted to try to find one with more big kid stuff for the 'first batch' of kids. :) It was a very beautiful drive out there. I really liked the corn maze. (I might have liked it more than the rest of the family, though.) We split up, Dippy and Dingy left us to go through on their own. I still say we won even though technically they were out long before us. We did have to walk at the pace of a 4 year old and push a stroller while they were running through! Plus, Rod was continuously throwing corn at me instead of trying to help find the 6 checkpoints!!

This is a picture of the maze. I really think I was on every one of those paths!
That's looking out over from about the beginning of the maze to the other side.
I spotted Bigfoot while I was there. :)


He popped up a little for this shot.
Goofy was hot. But he walked almost the whole way. He did get mad if I picked a path that led to a dead end!


See the corn in Rod's hand? He was constantly finding those, shelling it, then throwing the corn at me!!
Widget was very impressed with the maze.


This is from the far end looking back at the beginning.

They gave us these tickets when we started. They have the numbers 1-6 on them. There are 6 checkpoints throughout the maze. Each one has a hole punch hanging from it. so you mark your card when you've made it to each one. Goofy is holding up ours after we found the last checkpoint.


Rod didn't go with me and Goofy to the last checkpoint. I couldn't find him for awhile, but I knew I was getting close when I found this on the ground! (I also knew he was heavily armed!)

This is Rod pushing Widget down NOT a path! We had reached a dead end and I guess Rod was done! Goofy and I went back and found the path that took us out like good, rule following people!


3 comments:

ddg's grandma said...

I loved all your pictures!!!

aunt una said...

soooooooo, where were the pumpkins?

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

There were pumpkins to buy near the farm, but I couldn't get the kids in there for a pic. You could also take a hayride out to a 'pick your own' patch. We didn't do that cause Goofy is going to a pumpkin patch next week for school and Dippy likes bigger pumpkins and it's cheaper to get them at BJ's or Wegman's.