Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spy in the City

For Dippy's birthday in 2009, he wanted to go to the National Spy Museum. You can tour the building, but they also have this thing called Spy in the City. They give you these little handheld GPS thingys and you have to follow the clues to go to different check points in the city and try to diffuse a bomb before it destroys the whole area. Dippy's birthday is in December, and it was really, really, really, really cold the day we went to do the tour. Like.....REALLY COLD!! So we told him we would do the tour of the museum, but we would have to go back in the spring to do the Spy in the City part. When Spring rolled around, I was really pregnant and tired and wasn't sure I could walk the mile and half for this, so we never went back. Well, today we had Rod being willing to go do something, so we went back......FINALLY....and finished Dippy's birthday from a year and a half ago!!! (Yes, Dippy, I know we still need to do something for this past birthday, too!!!)








Here is the start. We're right outside the Spy Museum, and they are getting all their directions and their first clue. we really shoul dhave paid to get Rod one, too. He kept annoying the kids cause they had 'toys' and he didn't. I asked Goody to get with Widget to get their picture taken. I guess he thinks he looks better!! :)








Peek a boo, Widget!




Our first check point.











Outside Ford's Theater




On the steps of Ford's Theater






The FBI building. I didn't see Booth. :(




The FBI building again.




The Navy Memorial. Did you know there was one? Goofy liked it. He was loving the fountains.





At the Navy memorial





other side of the Navy Memorial. (Seriously, Goofy loved this)



In the directions, it said that you were supposed to blend in with your surroundings. They look like a group of tourists to me.









Another check point









Goofy got tired





Dippy was trying to see how close he could get to the squirrel.













LOOK!!!! Cooperation!!!! From those two!!!!




Rod had Goofy with him and the other kids and I lost them. We should have known where to look! He bought ONE pretzel and ONE botttle of soda. There are SIX of us!! I got one tiny bite of the pretzel and absolutely none of the soda. It's a good thing I had thoguht ahead. I had taken packets of Goldfish, fruit and grain bars, juice boxes and water bottles. I at least had enough snacks and drinks to share with the entire family.








This is written on the side of the Newseum. (another museum I would like to go to soon)




And see the crab beside Rod? He's sitting look at the Newseum



This is another shot of the Newseum. Now here's why this is all sort of funny. The kids were looking for the zodiac sign for Cancer. I Googled it. It's the crab. Guess Rod found it first. Then, they were told, row one, position 4. So they're staring at the crab, trying to figure out what the heck the clue means. I had been standing pretty much in front of rod the whole time. I told Dippy to try G. It was right. They had a whole bunch of different row and position numbers and I kept getting them all right, while Rod was looking around in confusion. The Newseum, right across the street, with the writing on it.......THAT was the clue!!! They were taking the letters from the inscription.















The dark alley the clues took us to.







I think this is where the 'bomb' was located.
I have no clue what Goofy was doing.















Widget can drink from a straw now, too. which is good for Widget, but bad for Dingy. That was HER juikce box!




The ride home. Well, then first few minutes. About 10 minutes later, Goofy was sound asleep.



No comments: